All students who plan to participate in Spring 2019 Formal Membership Recruitment/Intake must complete the following trainings/seminars in order to be eligible.
Opportunity for Potential New Members to view the 20 minute video with others and engage in a facilitated conversation with staff to reflect upon the attitudes and behaviors that influence the process of intervening as an individual or with assistance. Trainings are mandatory for all Potential New Members, prior to beginning a Recruitment or Intake process. Attendance will be taken at the end of the program with a card swipe. Trainings will take place in Goldwin Smith G70 Auditorium at 4:30 P.M. unless otherwise noted on the dates below:
- October 9
- October 10
- November 6
- November 7
- November 13
- November 14
- December 1
- December 2
- December 3
- December 4
New Member Orientation
The Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life will host New Member Orientations prior to Recruitment or Intake opportunities. The sessions will be informative about the process of Recruitment or Intake, provide information about commitment of Membership, and reporting methods for inappropriate behavior. These Orientations will be Council specific.
- PHC: For Panhellenic Orientation, you will need to complete an online training module that will be available in October. More information to come soon.
- MGFC: Intake for MGFC happens throughout the semester. Due to the conflicting nature of schedules, this training will be in a webinar format. Attendance will be taken by the moderator of the webinar.
- IFC: Interfraterntiy Orientation will be in person throughout the fall semester, location TBD.
- October 16, 6:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
- October 17, 5:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
- November 13, 6:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
- November 14, 5:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
- November 27, 6:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
- December 4, 6:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
- December 5, 5:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
New Member Education
The Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life will host New Member Education in conjuction with, or Post Recruitment or Intake efforts. These Education sessions will be Council specific. Sessions are generally based around Individual Identity and Group Dynamics.
- PHC: To participate in Panhellenic Education, you will need to be on campus by January 15, the day prior to the start of Recruitment. This training will focus on values, identity, and group integration. This training is mandatory and absences will be reviewed by the Panhellenic Advisor.
- MGFC: Education for MGFC happens throughout the semester. More information coming soon.
- IFC: Interfraterntiy Edcation will be in person throughout the semester. More information coming soon.