Postering in the Residence Halls
Posters must be approved by Residential Life (RL) staff and stamped (by individual bringing poster) before they will be posted in Residence Halls and Community Centers. Failure to obtain proper approval before posting will result in the removal of posters and possibly: charges for cost of removal, referral/letter from the Dean of Students office, or trespassing violations, as appropriate.
Please come to 1501 Dickson Hall (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am–4:00 pm) to get posters approved by RL staff. You will be responsible for stamping all posters with the approval stamp provided.
- Only posters from Cornell University registered organizations/departments, or non-Cornell non-profits will be approved.
- Posters must be in our office for approval at least SEVEN days prior to the event or they will not be approved.
- All posters must clearly contain the name of the sponsoring organization and contact information such as: website, email or phone number.
- No posters will be approved if they are of a nature that can be considered obscene, discriminatory, libelous, promoting illegal activity, or conveying a message in conflict with the mission of Cornell University (as deemed by RL staff).
For the following locations, approved posters are to be given to the RL Office for the RHDs to pick up. The number of posters per building depend on the size of the poster and is as follows:
|North Campus||8 1/2 x 11 inches
|17 x 24 inches
|High Rise #5/Jameson||12||2|
For the following locations, you must deliver approved posters to the offices listed below. The number of posters per building depend on the size of the poster and is as follows:
|West Campus & Collegetown||8 1/2 x 11 inches
|17 x 24 inches
|Cook House Office:
|Becker House Office:
|Bethe House Office:
|Keeton House Office:
|Rose House Office:
|Cascadilla Service Center:
Cascadilla/Sheldon Ct/Edgemoor/Schuyler/2 Forest Park Lane
Graduate Residence Halls (1 total either size)
You must deliver approved posters to the Hasbrouck Service Center.
Community Centers (3 total either size)
- RPCC Community Center - You may hang two stamped posters (one at each of the entrance way boards).
- Appel Community Center - You may hang one stamped poster (to the right of the service center).
Postering is not allowed on the doors or within any of the dining facilities.