Students at Cornell University are expected to conduct themselves in a manner supportive of the educational mission of the institution. Integrity, respect for the person and property of others and a commitment to intellectual and personal growth in a diverse population are values deemed fundamental to membership in this University community.
- I will know and understand the ideals expressed in my chapter ritual and will strive to incorporate them in my daily life.
- I will support a positive new member education program that is alcohol free. Chapters are prohibited from including first semester freshmen in any new member program activities.
- Chapters are prohibited from including first semester freshman in any new member program activities.
- I will not harass, whether physical or verbal, oral or written, which is beyond the bounds of protected free speech.
- I will not threaten the mental health, physical health or safety of any person or persons including hazing, drug or alcohol abuse, and other forms of destructive behavior.
- I will not intentionally disrupt or obstruct the lawful activities of the University or its members including their exercise of the right to assemble and to peacefully protest.
- I will not allow theft of or damage to chapter, personal, University or public property or services or illegal possession or use of the same.
- I will not physically harm or threaten physical harm to any person or persons, including but not limited to assault, sexual abuse, or other forms of physical abuse.
- I will not use nor support the illegal purchase, use, possession or distribution of alcohol, drugs or controlled substances.
- I will respect the health and safety of all human beings.
- I will acknowledge that a clean and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health; therefore, I will do my best to see that the chapter property is properly cleaned and maintained.
- The fraternity or sorority will not tolerate or condone any form of sexually abusive behavior on the part of its members, whether physical, mental, or emotional. This is to include any actions, which are demeaning to any person or persons including but not limited to sexual assault or verbal harassment. Culpability is not diminished for acts in violation of this Code that are committed in ignorance of the Code or under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or improper use of controlled substances.