Alcohol use in Willard Straight Hall is governed by University Policy 4.8, Alcohol and Other Drugs. In addition to the university policy, groups or individuals who use space in Willard Straight Hall must abide by the following restrictions:
- No individual or group may bring alcohol into Willard Straight Hall. If there is alcohol at an event the alcohol and food has to be provided by Cornell Catering. If there is no alcohol at the event the food needs to be provided by an approved caterer. Click here for a list of caterers approved at Cornell.
- Plans to have alcohol at events must be noted on the Reservation Request Form in the university R25 Room Scheduling system when the reservation is made.
- Events at which alcoholic beverages will be present must be registered as required by University Policy 4.8, by completing a Use of University Property Form (UUP).
- Groups sponsoring events are expected to report alcohol violations to the Manager On Duty (401 WSH) or to other staff on duty.
- Groups and/or individuals found in violation of the Willard Straight Hall Alcohol Policy may be charged a fine of up to $200.00. In addition, future use of Willard Straight Hall may be restricted or denied as determined by the Willard Straight Student Union Board. Violators may be referred to the Judicial Administrator.