Room Reservation Policy
Information describing available rooms, capacity, and rates for use of Willard Straight Hall is available here.
- Registered Cornell Students, registered student organizations, and other University affiliated groups may request use of rooms or areas in Willard Straight Hall and/or space on Ho Plaza by using the university R25 room scheduling system.
- Non-Cornell groups may request use of space in Willard Straight Hall by contacting the WSH Facilities Assistant, (607) 255-3513. These events are subject to approval related to university guidelines and restrictions, and as a result, not all event requests can be honored.
- Requests for standing, weekly room reservations may be made at the beginning of each semester by completing a request through the R25 room scheduling system. An "Exception to Building Policy" form must also be completed - this will be emailed to the group when the reservation request is received.
- The WSH Student Union Board will review all requests for standing room reservations. Standing room reservations are limited to one (1) per group or organization with the maximum time limit of 2 hours per reservation.
- No group may have more than three*(3) room or space reservations scheduled in advance at any one time during the semester. A standing room reservation is considered 1 reservation.
- All reservations are tentative pending receipt of required paperwork (i.e.,payment of deposit/fees, room set-up info, approved Exception to Building Policy, etc.). Required paperwork information will be included in the email confirming that your reservation request has been received. If this is not done on a timely basis, the room may be released.
- You will be notified if you need to complete an "Exception to Building Policy" form when your reservation request is confirmed via email. This exception form must be completed and submitted a minimum of ten (10) working days in advance of event is required for Late Night Events to allow sufficient time to meet with the WSH Student Union Board to review your event. (see Late Night Event Policy)
- The WSH Student Union Board reserves the right to reschedule any event. As much prior notice as possible will be given to those groups which have previously reserved the room or space.
- No furniture or fixtures may be moved from any room. You will receive a room set-up request form when your reservation is confirmed. Requests for set-up must be submitted no less than five (5) working days to event.
- All rooms must be returned to their original condition (except reservations with approved set-ups). If they are not, the organization will be charged an amount at least equal to custodial time. If any damage is done, the organization will be charged an amount at least equal to all WSH costs, including custodial time, cleaning, and damages.
- All persons making reservations are encouraged to refer to the Fines and Fees policy which contains information on cancellation policies, fees and fines associated with use of Willard Straight Hall. Current rate schedules are also available in Room 502 or 525 WSH.
- Willard Straight Hall assumes no responsibility for groups' display items or materials.
* For the Memorial Room, because of higher demand, there is a limit of two (2) reservations per organization per semester.